Our volunteers come in all sizes: children, teens, young professionals, retirees, and all ages in between. We even have multi-generational families who volunteer! We’ll match your time and talents to programs, projects and needs that enable Friends of Karen to support families.
Here are a few examples of volunteer opportunities:
- Participate in our Holiday Adopt-a-Family Program. Fill a child’s holiday wish list, hold a toy drive, wrap, pack and ship gifts.
- Collect new school supplies and backpacks and spend a few hours during the summer at our North Salem office packing everything up for a family.
- Put together Birthday Bags, including candles, party plates, napkins and a small grocery gift card for refreshments.
- Help keep our grounds looking beautiful – you can come individually or schedule a group clean-up day. Seasonal flower donations such as mums are welcome.
- Serve on one of our event committees or advisory boards.
- Help us at events – registration, event photography and more.
- Provide admin or computer support in one of our offices.
- Collect new coloring books & crayons or new storybooks for our hospitalized children.
- Write or design for one of our publications.
- Do projects for Community Service requirements.
- Lots more ideas – call Denise Tredwell for details.
Submit your Volunteer application and we’ll get in touch with you to discuss a meaningful involvement.
We could not do all we do without the support of our volunteers who donate thousands of hours each year. Their commitment and abilities are vital to achieving our mission.
On Long Island, call (631) 473-1768.
Everywhere else, email Denise Tredwell or call her at (914) 617-4052.
Thanks for your interest in helping Friends of Karen!